Pictured is 402 East Castle Street, former home of Rev. Luman Grant. Luman was born in 1847 in the town of Geddes, the son of a stagecoach driver. Luman was a dedicated photographer and established his own business in Syracuse. In his spare time he served as pastor of several Wesleyan Methodist churches in Central New York, including on the Onondaga Indian Reservation, a church where he later became superintendent. Luman was also one of the original organizers of the Salvation Army, in Syracuse. He had wrote to New York City in pursuit of more information regarding the organization and within a short period of time was co-operating with officers who visited Syracuse to organize the movement in the city. Lumen would pass away in 1939 at the age of 91 and was buried at Myrtle Hill cemetery.